Are you sometimes wondering about Greenwashing and Communication? Check out some highlights from our latest webinar on New Sustainable Communication.
Last week we hosted the last of our 2022 Edition of the Sustainability Managers Webinar Series. This series was created with the aim to support and enable Sustainability Managers from all over the world to successfully understand and tackle sustainability challenges. In this session, together with communication expert @Wannes Van Giel from @bigtrees, we looked at effective ways of communicating externally and how to avoid #greenwashing. We also had a look at the rules and regulations regarding sustainability claims & greenwashing.
Here are some of the insights and learnings from the webinar:
- Sustainability communication is changing due to the growth in progress on embedding sustainability.
- When communicating it is more effective to start up your storytelling inside out to create ambassadorship and credibility
- When communicating ensure that your sustainability claims are justified by facts and figures
- Communication strategies should be focused on how it makes yourself and other people feel to convey the message effectively.
- In some sectors, it is a challenge to define Sustainability.
- With new regulations, definitions are becoming clearer, which is helpful.
- The rules and regulations are becoming more transparent, fact-based, and have no misleading claims.
If you are a sustainability manager and would like to find out more, please drop us your email address at email@example.com so that we can send you the slides.
Thank you to all the sustainability managers that joined us at some point and throughout the series. See you in the next edition starting February 2023!