Thanks for your interest in our fast growing and sustainable business! We are always excited to get in contact with talented people.
TheRockGroup is looking for a Marketing intern!
Duration: September 2020 – February 2021 (2-3 days/week)
In our growing company, we are looking for a new colleague who wants to contribute to further developing our organization. You want to be a part of realizing the transition to a sustainable economy by creating valuable content and marketing our work? You enjoy telling stories and copywriting? Then this internship might be for you!
At TheRockGroup we develop sustainability strategies for businesses, but we also take on an advisory and co-entrepreneur role for young start-ups to help them grow. We also love engaging students, (young) professionals and board members, teaching them about sustainable business and training them in the skills needed to make a difference in different types of organization. If this sounds like something you are passionate about and you want to help us share and market our projects and achievements, continue reading.
Based on our ongoing business and projects, you will mostly be working on the creation of engaging content for several social media channels of TheRockGroup. Additionally, you help our colleagues with the optimization of our website (SEO) and the translation of project/website descriptions to Dutch. Your work will also consist of supporting different project teams with marketing related tasks.
What you bring
- Program/tools skills: experience with MS word, powerpoint and excel; communication skills (e.g. writing formal emails); previous experience with WordPress, Indesign, Canva and Hootsuite is a big plus
- Creative and open thinker: You have ideas, natural curiosity and are capable of filtering through all your thoughts and turning them into something of value. You are able to excel in open and dynamic environments and enjoy taking initiative
- Copywriting skills: You can tell compelling (blog) stories and a strong passion for producing (social) content
- Social Media skills: You are familiar with different social media platforms and understand the different (target) audiences
- (Some) knowledge of sustainability themes and willingness to learn more: clear ambition to contribute to the transition towards a sustainable economy
- Flexibility and independence: You are flexible regarding the tasks you work on and have planning and time management skills
- Charm/charisma: A certain wildness/eccentricity is appreciated. In work, you are yourself, not a facade. However, you are competent in distinguishing between emotions and arguments, knowing how to give and how to receive and use feedback
What does not fit us
- Employee attitude, ‘job consumer’ or ‘ambtenaren’ attitude
- Big egos
- Do before you think-ers
- Think without ever do-ers
- People who expect other people to fix the tasks they do not like
- You have written online content before and can ideally provide examples
- Experience in working together with groups of people
- Educational or professional background with link to marketing (social media, digital marketing)
- Professional language proficiency in Dutch and English (writing and speaking) – Dutch language proficiency is mandatory, as we create a lot of content in Dutch
- Interest in sustainability related topics
What do we offer
- Opportunity to develop both yourself and the company you will be part of
- Opportunity to take facets of the business further: content, operations, social aspects
- Space for your own initiative
- Opportunity to make a positive difference with your job
- Friendly, informal, non-macho, non-blabla environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Internship salary
Sounds like this is the internship you’ve dreamed of? Send us your resume and a motivation letter with a clear subject heading in your email firstname.lastname@example.org
The position you would like to apply for is not here? We will update you on our social media channels and here on our website in case we are hiring again. In the meantime, make sure you follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook to not miss out on any future opportunity!
Any questions? Please email: email@example.com